July 30, 2023
The Education Law Association is seeking a volunteer Lead Editor of the Education Law Into Practice section of West’s Education Law Reporter, published in collaboration with Thomson Reuters and the Education Law Association. The ideal candidate will start in January of 2024.
The Education Law Reporter series focuses on publishing timely and concise legal commentaries about Pre-K-12 schools and postsecondary institutions. Published 26 times a year, the series is considered essential reading for anyone interested in how the law impacts today’s primary, secondary, and postsecondary schools.
The Lead Editor will manage the editorial process for the Education Law Into Practice section of West’s Education Law Reporter. The successful candidate will have the responsibility for working with a section editorial board, revising section editorial policies and procedures, working closely with West’s Education Law Reporter editor, Allan G. Osborne, Jr., and developing publishing strategies in collaboration with the Publishers and the Board of Directors of the Education Law Association.
- Active membership of the Education Law Association;
- Previous editorial experience is an advantage;
- Previous administrative experience at the Pre-K-12 or postsecondary level desired; and
- Excellent organizational skills related to the management of submitted manuscripts through the production and publication process.
- Solicit articles for ELIP by distributing the call for papers and encouraging authors to submit manuscripts;
- Co-ordinate the review and editing process with the ELIP editorial board for all articles submitted to ELIP;
- Communicate with authors;
- Complete a final edit and formatting of articles accepted for publication;
- Submit final edited copies to the Education Law Reporter editor.
Interested applicants in this volunteer position need to show that they have the support of their academic or affiliated institution. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter detailing their suitability for the position and a curriculum vitae.
Note: The ELIP lead editor will be appointed to the Authors Committee of the Education Law Reporter and will receive complimentary copies of the advance sheets of the Education Law Reporter and limited access to Westlaw.
For additional information, contact Allan Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send applications by October 20, 2023, to the Education Law Association, attention Nathan C. Walker, Ed.D., Executive Director and Publisher, and Edwin J. Greenlee, J.D., Ph.D., Publisher, via email to email@example.com. All applications will be confidential. The job posting will remain active until the position is filled.