Join Education Law Association's Professional Community
"I contribute the vast majority of success I have had in my career to the connections I have made through ELA. This is an incredibly welcoming and collaborative environment. Regardless of career phase or constituency, all members are valued...." Joy Blanchard, Ph.D.
ELA welcomes attorneys, professors, school administrators, consultants, and other education professionals who are interested in legal issues in education. Qualifying libraries may purchase the subscription option.
Membership in ELA will give you acces to unbiased information on legal issues in education to make the best decisions you can for your profession. Our collaborative member community gives you access to ideas and opinions from individual members. Current members include: practicing attorneys; administrators and faculty in schools of education and law; school board members; public/private school administrators and teachers; staff members of state and federal education agencies and professional associations; libraries; and students.
"I have been affiliated with ELA through several stages of my life: as a law student, as a PhD student, and as a practitioner, and there are few things that can point to that have more strongly prepared me in a well-rounded way to be a practitioner of education law." Emily Richardson, J.D., Ph.D.
"ELA offers excellent balance between scholarly discourse and practitioner-oriented materials for attorneys and administrators at the public school and college university levels." Joseph C. Beckham, J.D., Ph.D.
Benefit personally and professionally from your annual membership in ELA
• Monthly issues of School Law Reporter and annual SLR Index of Cases, providing recent K-12/higher education/Supreme Court case summaries and practical legal analysis in Case Commentaries (view sample)
• Quarterly issues of ELA Notes, offering peer-reviewed scholarly articles, member and publication news, and special offers (view sample)
• Access to Legal Links, now published by ELA
• 35% discount on most of our high-quality and high-value books and monographs, as well as electronic publications
• Advance access to the Education Law Consortium's Education Law & Policy Review
• Special member registration prices for the ELA annual conference and other live seminars
• Free admission to webinars for all ELA members (non-members pay a fee)
• Access to the SLR Express, a searchable online database comprised of many years of case summaries
• Networking, presenting, and publishing opportunities
• Free access to a Teaching School Law folder, where professor members can share teaching materials (with gratitude to HostedFTP.com)
• Improved website, with more social networking opportunities, lets you keep in touch with your professional peers