2014 ELA Annual Conference, a 60th Anniversary
"The Resegregation of Education in America"
November 12-15, 2014 * The Sheraton San Diego * San Diego, CA
Choose from the highest-quality breakout sessions, poster sessions, and roundtable discussions offered to gain the latest information and practical insight for furthering your successful career. Attend several large-group feature sessions presented by top scholars, government officials, practitioners, and members of the judiciary. Network among your colleagues in the role-alike sessions and the social functions to gain a complete and well-rounded professional experience. Please consider presiding over a session at the conference (presiders are listed in the final program).
Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, University of California Irvine School of Law, will discuss civil rights and other constitutional issues related to our conference theme.
Dr. Raynard Sanders, a member of the board of directors for the Plessy and Ferguson Foundation for Education, Preservation, and Outreach, will address issues related to the resegregation of public education.
The Supreme Court Update. Mark Walsh, Contributing Writer/Supreme Court Correspondent, Education Week.
NEW! Post Conference for Graduate Students
Learn more by clicking on the conference flyer, attached below. More details will be released as they become available.
Looking Ahead . . .
2015 ELA Annual Conference
• November 3-7, 2015
Experience ultimate style and sophistication at the revitalized Cleveland Marriott Downtown, an urban retreat offering stunning views of Lake Erie and the city skyline.
Step 1: Learn about the conference
- Review Call for Proposals & Scoring Rubric
- Complete & Submit Proposal Form - accepted notified on or about 4/30/14
- VIEW most recent conference flyer!
- OTHER INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE
Step 2: Register for the conference - Coming Soon!
Step 3: Plan your hotel and travel (link coming soon)
• Reserve your room for the special ELA room rate of $169! This includes internet in your room.
Booking directly with the Sheraton is the only authorized way ELA will get credit for your stay. Reaching our room block helps us keep other costs low for you such as meeting space, AV, and food & beverage, thus keeping registration fee increases from year to year at a minimum.
• The Sheraton San Diego offers free shuttle service to the San Diego Airport
Step 4: Review other important details
In order to provide the most comprehensive collection of papers for all conference attendees, as well as for those who cannot attend, and for proper credit from continuing education entities, the submission of your session paper is necessary.
Guidelines for conference papers:
- Paper must be in Microsoft Word (not PDF), printed in Times or Arial font, point side 10 to 12, line spacing of 1.5, with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Number your paper at the top, with an un-numbered title page. Please include the authors' names, positions, organization, and city & state on the title page.
- Submit your paper as an email attachment. All papers will be distributed electronically via our FTP cloud hose, so it is imperative that you submit your paper electronically.
- You are responsible to bring handouts for your presentation so that your participants may follow along. Twenty-five copies of your paper, or a handout with a detailed outline and case list should be adequate.