August Steinhilber Award Nominations: Best Brief Award
Deadline: August 3, 2015, by or before 4:00 p.m. EST
A. Purpose. To recognize outstanding brief writing in the
appellate courts in cases involving issues of education law. Any ELA member may
nominate a brief, but the author(s) need not be members of ELA. Both amicus curiae briefs and party briefs
are eligible. Because ELA is a nonpartisan forum, there will be no bias in
favor of or against a particular legal position or party.
- One-year complimentary membership in ELA.
- Presentation of a plaque during the annual conference.
- Free conference registration.
C. Eligibility and Deadline. Appellate briefs filed with the
court between July 1 and June 30 in the year immediately preceding the award.
Deadline for submission for consideration shall be August 1.
1. Quality of Writing, including such points
as logical structure of argument, paragraphs and sentences; conciseness and
clarity; emphasizing the key points; use of headings and quotations; etc.
2.Quality of Analysis, including such
points aspresentation of the theory of
the case and its limits; presentation of the doctrinal context; focus on points
relevant to the Court; use of precedent; inclusion of relevant authority; discussion
of relevance to education generally; etc.
• The author must submit the manuscript via email (as an attachment in Word format) to the chair of the selection committee for the Award Committee, or to the ELA Office, as instructed.
|Your Name: *|
|Your Address: *|
|Your E-mail: *|
|Your Phone: *|
|Upload a File:|
Allowed File Types
jpg, jpeg, png, gif, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, pdf
E-mail us an attachment
|Type the word:|